Donny Tedjo Blog

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Evita Corby - Dont Cry For Me Australia

Schapellecorby_1 So what I would said there were Soap opera adopted by
Corby Fans from Evita stories.It was also AFI or Indonesian Idol scenario to made a figure from outlook / ausserlichkeit view and made it as if she would not guilty. So I remember the movie
"The Gut The Bad and The Ugly" and also "The Beast and the Beauty" at these point we should believes Trials was made by the Press not us.Bauldrian was
correct with his Simulllacra Books until this point, and we're also being confused by the outlook as personification of ideals. I would not make judgment for Corby's since I don't even know her at all of course might she was
the one of "Mr.Nice- Howards Marks" victims. I'm absolutely
ANTI TODESURTEIL HUKUMAN MATI for all of creature of Gods there are still more than twenty people waiting for
their execution in Indonesia, I just care of that, what happened in Malaysia,
Singapore etc. is also should be stopped as soon since I believes "no one have right to decided the lives of a man" of course there also Shlobodan Milosovics too.

Here were opinion from Peter Gallagher hope you read it:

It’s likely that the small number of hysterical reactions to the case, so loved by television, have a racist or an anti-Indonesian character. But the more widespread rumblings of concern are neither. They remind us of a popular idea of justice that the commentariat should find even more disturbing

Like the rest of the commentariat (Quiggin’s commenters could be taken as representative) I am reluctant to second-guess the decision in a case without hearing all the evidence. My idea of justice, like theirs, is strongly colored by concepts of fair process and forensic examination of the facts.

But these are not the chief concern of most people. The best evidence says that an ideal of justice (perhaps not the only one) for most people is equity guaranteed by a stern, swift and unswerveable authority—more or less in loco patris.

Why is the TV Show Judge Judy such a hit? “Court show viewers,” according to this Slate article, “don’t seem to want moral conundrums or technical wrinkles:’


“They love Sheindlin’s show because she offers them a fantasy of how they’d like the justice system to operate—swiftly, and without procedural mishaps or uppity lawyers. They get to see wrongdoers publicly humiliated by a strong authority figure. There is no uncertainty after Sheindlin renders her verdict and bounds off the bench, and there are certainly no lengthy appeals.”(Slate)

For ‘moral conundrums’ and ‘technical wrinkles’, read drugs policy or a dispassionate review of the reliable evidence.

The equity issue? Nicely summed up in this quote from o ne of the organizers of protests in Corby’s home town:

“People are angry that the organiser of the Bali bombings that killed 88 Australians received about two years jail,” she said. “We have also given them so much aid.”(Daily Telegraph)

This is not about Corby at all.

Don't Cry For Me Argentina
Andrew LLoyd Webber

It won't be easy, you'll think it strange
When I try to explain how I feel
That I still need your love after all that I've
done

You won't believe me
All you will see is a girl you once knew
Although she's dressed up to the nines
At sixes and sevens with you

I had to let it happen, I had to change
Couldn't stay all my
life down at heel
Looking out of the window, staying out of the sun

So I chose freedom
Running around, trying everything new
But nothing impressed me at all
I never expected it to

Chorus:

Don't cry for me Argentina
The truth is I never left you
All through my wild days
My mad existence
I kept my promise
Don't keep your distance

And as for fortune, and as for fame
I never invited them in
Though it seemed to the world they were all I desired

They are illusions
They are not the solutions they promised to be
The answer was here all the time
I love you and hope you love me

Don't cry for me Argentina

(chorus)

Have I said too much?
There's nothing more I can think of to
say to you.
But all you have to do is look at me to know
That every word is true